The Niles Rotary Club funds and manages a charitable trust fund for our local charitable projects. All of the funds we raise go into this foundation, which is then used to support designated projects. The operational expense of the foundation is carried by the Club budget. In some cases we can get matching funds from our Rotary District and Rotary International to augment this outreach.
If you are a charity or community organization interested in applying for a grant, download an application HERE.
The Niles Rotary Foundation has supported the following local groups, among many others:
- City of Fremont BoxART! Program (link)
- City of Fremont Parks and Recreation – Concert Series in the Park (link)
- East Bay Traditional Jazz Society (link)
- Fremont Stage 1 Theatre (link)
- Fremont Symphony Orchestra (link)
- Music at the Mission (link)
- Music for Minors (link)
- Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum (link)
- Ohlone Art Association
- Olive Hyde Art Guild (link)
- Starstruck Theatre (link)
Health & Human Services
- Abode Services (link)
- City of Fremont Parks & Recreation – Community Division (link)
- Boldly Me (link)
- DeafPlus Adult Community (DPAC) (link)
- Drivers for Survivors (link)
- Fremont/Newark YMCA
- HERS Breast Cancer Foundation (link)
- Niles Rotary – Feed the Hungry – Centerville Free Dining Room (link)
- One Child
- Safe Alternatives to Violent Environments (SAVE) (link)
- Washington Hospital Healthcare Foundation (link)
Community and Service Organizations
- American Legion Auxiliary Unit 837 (link)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) (link)
- Local Ecology and Agriculture Fremont (LEAF) (link)
- League of Volunteers (link)
- Niles Main Street Association (link)
- Rotaract Club of Greater Fremont (link)
- Rotary Chili Cook-Off
- Saint James Episcopal Church (link)
- Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad – Ardenwood (link)
- Tri-City Young Life/Wyldlife & Capernaum (link)
Education & Services for Children
- Bunker Elementary Library
- Fremont Education Foundation (link)
- Give Teens 20 (link)
- Niles Rotary – High School Scholarships
- Niles Rotary – Pizza with Santa
- San Francisco Bay Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America (link)
Eligibility for Funding
Funding is available to qualified nonprofit organizations and institutions that are tax-exempt. Proposals for funding should preferably require a one-year commitment in the $500 to $5,000 range. Program and project proposals will be accepted along with capital and equipment proposals.
Submission of Proposals
Project funding proposals may be submitted from March 1 to April 30 each year, in order to be considered for funding. Actual project funding is usually accomplished by June 1 of each year. Funding is provided by the Niles Rotary Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) charitable foundation formed and supported by the Niles Rotary Club. The Grant application is available during this timeframe.
Selection Criteria and Process
The Niles Rotary Foundation reserves the right to select one or multiple recipients of this funding, to partially fund a project and to reject any or all of the proposals for funding at the sole discretion of the Foundation. The following criteria will be taken into account when considering for funding community philanthropic projects/programs:
- Geographical area of activity (Fremont)
- Demonstrate use of funds with measurable objectives
- Life-enhancing, well defined objectives
- Long term community significance
- Any other criteria that might be pertinent to the project.
Proposals which meet required criteria and deadlines will be reviewed by the grant committee comprised of members and Board Members of the Niles Rotary Club. Funding recommendations from the committee will be forwarded to the Board of Directors of the Niles Rotary Foundation for final selection.
Present Your Organization
Are we aware of you and your organization? We love hearing presentations from people doing good things in the community — whether it is a charity, a community organization or something else that benefits our membership and community.
While not all of our speakers are from charity organizations or community organizations, many are. If you feel you are an organization that would benefit from our financial support through the grant process, and you fit the criteria described therein, we would like to hear what you have to say. We want to know who you are, what you do and why we should support you. Contact our Speaker Chair for more information.
Niles Rotary Club COVID-19 Safety Procedures
While participating in events held or sponsored by Nile Rotary (the “Club”), consistent with CDC guidelines, participants are encouraged to…
March 2019 Pinion
2019 03 Pinion In This Issue Mentor Magic Area 3 and Community Events Paso Robles trip Flash Campaign – Polio…